11/10/2008

I'm thankful for Grandpa Albrecht






















Jeff's Grandpa Albrecht passed away a couple of weeks ago. I have thought a lot about him these last few weeks. Whenever I was around him I always felt like he had one foot here on earth and one in heaven. He was so good, through and through. This picture is of him just a couple of months ago at a reunion celebrating his 60th wedding anniversary to his sweet wife. We are lucky to have a good history of his life, including stories from his childhood and time spent in Germany in WWII. On this Veteran's Day I will be thinking of you Grandpa Albrecht. Now that both feet are in heaven I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with you here on earth. You made it a better place. You made us better just by being around you. Thank you. You are loved and missed.

2 comments :

Angie said...

I love your description of him having one foot on earth and one in heaven.

Sarah Albrecht said...

What a lovely tribute Angela. We are all blessed to have had Keith in our lives.