11/30/2008

Christmas Lights and Diapers...

































Last night we went to see the Christmas lights at the Mesa Arizona temple with my mom and Dave and my brother David and his family. It was beautiful! I love the Arizona Temple. It's crazy to be back. Jeff and I went to the temple in the morning and we saw our old bishop and someone else that was in our ward growing up. Last night we saw a family we grew up with. She was my YW leader. It was so great to see them and their family.
We missed all the excitement at the temple on Friday night. First of all, Brooke White was there to turn on the Christmas lights. (of American Idol fame) There were also about 150 mostly peaceful demonstrators there, protesting the passing of Proposition 102. (Arizona's equivalent of California's prop 8) The only excitement was they had a dirty diaper thrown at them. (I'm sure whoever threw it was trying to get it in a garbage can. But it makes me wonder... who drives around with a dirty diaper in their car? Or did they just rip it off the baby and then throw it... confusing)

Our evening was much less eventful. It was great to see all the lights and share that tradition with our kids. Let the Christmas Season begin!

4 comments :

chris jenkins said...

the lights are beautiful - what a great way to start the christmas season ;)

Amye Kay said...

The lights are amaazing! And your new blog header is so cute with the kids.

Angie said...

I love the AZ temple! How fun for you to be back at the place that it all started for you guys. :)

Rachel M said...

I miss going to see the lights there. We always did the lights and then Krispy Kreme donuts and hot chocolate:) Was who you ran into anyone I know??