6/23/2011

Grapes...

I wish I had paid more attention to all the grape vineyards when we lived in Fresno. The church even had vineyards for welfare (they were table grapes, not wine grapes... :) This year my two grapevines really took off (maybe the long spring?) and produced an amazing amount of grapes. This red bucket was filled to overflowing 3 times. They are very sweet and yummy. I think I was supposed to thin them or something though because some were big but many were small. Haley spent many hours taking them off the stems for me and we froze  the ones that didn't get eaten up. They are yummy right out of the freezer and I may try putting some in smoothies...we'll see. For now I am amazed at nature and God's creations.




3 comments :

Janet said...

You are a master gardener!
My mom and dad were grape growers! They made grape juice and jelly out of theirs.

Angela said...

I didn't know Grandma and Grandpa grew grapes. That makes me happy to know. We'll have to try grape juice next year.

Julie said...

Wow! They look great! I really need to start a garden. I love fresh fruits and veggies.