8/12/2011

Freezer Friday - Double is No Trouble

I used to be able to set aside an entire day or two just for stocking my freezer. Those days are gone for now, but I have found that just grabbing a little bit of time when I can get it allows me to keep it pretty well stocked.

Whenever you make something, ask yourself, "Could I double (or triple) this recipe and freeze the extra?"

1.Double the food for your family with the same amount of dirty dishes and minimal extra prep time.

2.You save time and money because you don't have to buy fast food or eat out on nights when you are in a hurry. You have something on hand if you need to take dinner to someone without a lot of notice.

A super easy thing to freeze is home-made pizza. When you are making the dough just double it. When the pizza comes out of the oven fill your empty pan or pans with another pizza, cover it in plastic wrap and pop it in the freezer for next Friday night. You can cook it from frozen, or allow to thaw if you would like, just adjust cooking times accordingly. I like to use homemade frozen pizza within about a month.

2 comments :

Kris said...

I did this tonight thanks to your idea! I need to do better at freezing pre-made ideas, so thanks for the idea! Now I want to try those potatoes too! They look de-lish!

Angela said...

That's great Kris! It makes life so much easier when you have something for dinner in the freezer :)